Monday, July 6, 2009

Oblivion on Wine - 1.1.25 Report Delayed

Some real life issues have prevented me from testing Wine 1.1.25, unfortunately. A few days after writing my report for 1.1.24, my cheap BIOSTAR motherboard's SATA controller failed. The SATA controller is what lets your computer use hard drives and optical drives that use the SATA interface. So, my hard drive and my combo CD/DVD burner were useless. Last thursday or friday I got a PCI-E x1 expansion card with two SATA ports on it, so that I could use the cards again. Guess what? When the SATA controller failed, it also bricked both the hard drive and the burner. The burner is no longer available it seems, so I doubt LG will replace it. As for the hard drive, western digital does free replacements, so for now I'll be waiting for the replacement to arrive.

At present, I'm running on an old PATA hard drive, but the linux installation is 64bit, which I've tried to get Oblivion running on, but keep running into crashes at startup. I think that may be a mod I installed, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment